Visitors can now embark on a round-trip of Scotland with just one ticket.
The Spirit of Scotland Travelpass, launched by VisitScotland in partnership with ScotRail and CalMac will allow people to travel the length and breadth of the country by land, sea and track for one fixed price.
As well as ensuring passengers do not have to book individual tickets for every journey they want to make, the pass is also designed to save money with a round-trip of Scotland costing as much as a quarter (27%) less than booking the tickets separately.*
VisitScotland hopes the Spirit of Scotland Travelpass will encourage both visitors and residents alike to take the opportunity to discover new regions, towns, villages, landscapes, communities and islands across the country – literally going wherever the spirit takes them.
Two types of passes are available – 4 days unlimited travel over 8 consecutive days or 8 days unlimited travel over 15 consecutive days – and travellers can design their trip as they go.
The Travelpass includes:
- -Unlimited train travel in Scotland with ScotRail, Virgin, Cross Country, East Coast and First TransPennine Express (some peak time restrictions apply)
- -10% discount on standard fares with the Strathspey Steam Railway
- -10% off Keith and Dufftown Railway standard fares
- -£1 off Bo’ness & Kinneil Railway
- -Free travel on all Caledonian MacBrayne Ferries in Scotland
- -Free travel on Gourock – Dunoon ferry operated by Argyll Ferries
- -20% off Northlink Ferries journeys on selected routes
- -20% off Sweeney’s Loch Lomond cruises
- -15% off Cruise Loch Lomond
- -10% off Jacobite Loch Ness cruises
- -Unlimited travel on selected routes with Scottish Citylink and WestCoast Motors
- -Unlimited travel on selected routes with Stagecoach East Scotland and Stagecoach North Scotland
- -Unlimited travel on selected routes with First Scotland East
Malcolm Roughead, Chief Executive of VisitScotland said: “The Spirit of Scotland pass acts like a special key, unlocking amazing and breathtaking parts of the country to those who visit and live here. Rather than having to think in advance where you might want to go or what you might want to see, you can decide on a whim and end up wherever the wind, or indeed spirit takes you!
The Spirit of Scotland Travelpass is available online at www.scotrail.co.uk/spirit by phone on 0344 811 0141 or in person at any manned rail ticket office.
Two passes are available:
- Four days unlimited travel over eight consecutive days: £134.00
- Eight days unlimited travel over 15 consecutive days: £179.70
For terms and conditions, visit www.scotrail.co.uk/spirit
*Based on UK consumers planning their holiday around 3 months in advance.